Effective Sept. 7, 2022, the Preferred Occupation Discount is available for attorneys on fully underwritten Platinum Advantage individual disability insurance policies. This also includes judges with law degrees.
The 5A occupations eligible for the Preferred Occupation Discount now include:
- Actuaries (Fellow or MAAA)
- Attorneys (including judges with a law degree)
- Data Scientists (advanced data analytics) with master’s degree or Ph.D.
- Engineers with professional engineering license or degree (e.g., civil, mechanical, etc.)
- Executives earning at least $75,000 per year in each of the last 2 years, 3 years in same occupation
- Other office workers with managerial duties and no manual duties, earning at least $75,000 per year each of the last 2 years, 3 years in the same occupation.
- The following occupations are excluded: sales, computer science/IT, consultants, insurance producers, financial advisors and financial planners
- Ph.D. economists
- Ph.D. scientists (minimum of Ph.D., office and laboratory duties only)
See transition rules.